Do Chiropractors treat Pre Natal women?
Women who are pregnant or trying to conceive is a routine care for most Chiropractors. Chiropractors will apply techniques that avoid unnecessary pressure on the abdomen, establish pelvic balance and alignment to reduce any intrauterine constraint and maximise the best position possible for the delivery of the baby. Keeping the spine healthy during pregnancy helps the body to work functinally and effectively through the master communication system (nervous system). Additionally the following may also be helped.
- controlling symptoms of nausea
- reducing the time of labour and delivery
- relieving back, neck and joint pain
- preventing a potential cesarean delivery
- safe, easy exercises and stretches are an integral part of the expecting mother's care program promoting health and vitality througout the term of the pregnancy